I focus on helping people dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, relationship problems, midlife transition and midlife crisis issues; LGBT gay & lesbian clients and LGBT gay & lesbian relationships, and people seeking life coaching for meaning and direction in their lives. I am located in San Luis Obispo (SLO), and easily accessible throughout the Central Coast, including Paso Robles, Atascadero, Morro Bay, Pismo Beach & the Five Cities, Santa Maria and Orcutt. Some clients also come up from Santa Barbara.
Your individual growth and healing are the most important things. I encourage you to make your own well-being a top priority in your life. It's important to remember that therapy no longer implies that there is something wrong, but that there is something right that you're doing. It has become a sign of someone who is proactive in their own mental/emotional health and well-being.
My Areas of Expertise - please click on the links below:
- Depression Counseling
- Anxiety & Trauma Counseling
- Midlife Crisis Counseling
- Relationship Counseling
- LGBT / Gay & Lesbian Therapy
- Faith & Spirituality Counseling
- Life Coaching
Therapy is like going to yoga, massage, or the gym. Relax and breathe. Stretch. Get stronger. If you want to recovery from an injury, or you want to get into shape, you have to be dedicated to your own healing and wellbeing. You can't get fit by going to the gym only once a month, or only when you feel like it. Therapy should be more than advice; at it's best, it facilitates real transformation.
- Finally talk about all the things you can't talk about anywhere else
- Talk with someone who really listens, really cares, and can help you find answers and direction
- Talk with someone who specializes in depression, anxiety, emotions, and relationship issues
- Figure out what to do about the problems in your relationship
- Understand yourself so much better, in a way you never have before
- Work through difficult emotions and confusing thoughts to gain peace & clarity
- Understand other people so much better, including your partner, your family, & your friends
- Learn how to interact with and deal with other people much better
- Develop a strong and clear identity, the basis of good feelings & self-confidence
- Take that confidence and use it to build a happy, successful life
- Ultimately, feel much better because of the growth you experience
Therapy improves your quality of life. I encourage you to make therapy a part of your healing & growth. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about Individual Therapy. You can reach me at 805-868-0767.