Your individual growth and healing are the most important things. I encourage you to make your own wellbeing a top priority in your life. It's important to remember that therapy no longer implies that there is something wrong, but that there is something right that you're doing. It has become a sign of someone who is proactive in their own mental/emotional health and wellbeing.
I focus on helping people dealing with depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, relationship problems, midlife transition and midlife crisis issues, LGBT clients and LGBT relationships, and people seeking life coaching and wanting meaning and direction in their lives. I am located in Pismo Beach, and easily accessible from San Luis Obispo (SLO), Avila Beach, Arroyo Grande, Grove Beach, Oceano, and Santa Maria. Some clients also come up from Santa Barbara.
My Areas of Expertise
- Individual Therapy
- Depression Counseling
- Anxiety & Trauma Counseling
- Midlife Crisis Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Faith & Spirituality
Therapy is like going to yoga, massage, or the gym. Relax and breathe. Stretch. Get stronger. If you want to recovery from an injury, or you want to get into shape, you have to be dedicated to your own healing and wellbeing. You can't get fit by going to the gym only once a month, or only when you feel like it. Therapy should be more than advice; at it's best, it facilitates real transformation.
- Finally talk about all the things you can't talk about anywhere else
- Talk with someone who really listens, really cares, and can help you find answers and direction
- Talk with someone who specializes in depression, anxiety, emotions, and relationship issues
- Figure out what to do about the problems in your relationship
- Understand yourself so much better, in a way you never have before
- Work through difficult emotions and confusing thoughts to gain peace & clarity
- Understand other people so much better, including your partner, your family, & your friends
- Learn how to interact with and deal with other people much better
- Develop a strong and clear identity, the basis of good feelings & self-confidence
- Take that confidence and use it to build a happy, successful life
- Ultimately, feel much better because of the growth you experience
Therapy improves your quality of life. I encourage you to make therapy a part of your healing & growth. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.