Therapy for Lesbian Women
"Become peace. Bathe all you meet with your serenity. In doing so, peace will be abundantly yours." Daniel Levin
Lesbian women are at the forefront of the changes taking place in this new century! The influence of women in general and lesbians in particular is much needed as the world tries to go forward into something newer, stronger, and more positive. While it's exciting to see lesbians in positions of power, such as Senator Tammy Baldwin, and the new mayor of Seattle, Jenny Durkan, the rights of women and lesbians remain threatened, now more than ever; and living as a gay woman has it's own unique challenges.
This is even more true at the intersection of being a woman, being gay, and being a person of color. Where ever you are in your life, it's important to sieze this moment and see what you need to do to heal, to grow, and to become your strongest and your best. Overcoming difficult and/or negative emotions is fundamental to being happy, strong, and able to live up to your potential. I have greatly enjoyed working with my lesbian clients on a wide range of issues for the last 15 years.
"The world is changing every day. You are changing every day. There is no way to predict exactly what will happen or when it will happen. What you can do is continue. Continue being someone who contributes to others' happiness. Continue being someone who sees the good around you. Continue being someone who would offer love, affection, and support to the right partner." David Niven
Are you dealing with any of the following issues?
- Depression and/or anxiety, always the top two issues for all people
- Conflicts with your partner and within your relationship
- Coping with sexism, racism, and homophobia in society
- Living up to your full potential in work and career
- Understanding your true self, apart from other’s expectations
- Feeling confident in your own skin, standing on your own two feet
- Loneliness and navigating through the challenges of dating
- Finding a partner who’s a good match for you
- Healing from a broken heart & finding love again
Sometimes the lesbian community can feel like a small world, and there's a benefit to talking to a male therapist who's not part of that small world, but who understands the issues lesbian women face, both as individuals and as couples. Like the poet Walt Whitman wrote, I admire and stand beside the bold women. "They are not one jot less than I am, they are tanned in the face by shining suns and blowing winds. Their flesh has divine suppleness and strength. They know how to swim, row, ride, wrestle, shoot, run, strike, retreat, advance, resist, defend themselves. They are ultimate in their own right. They are calm, clear, well-possessed of themselves." Let us celebrate strong women! My heart is for the empowerment of women and the strength and health of women.
I would be honored to walk along side you on your journey of healing, discovery, and growth. Please let me know if there are any quesitons you have or any issues you'd like to discuss. You can reach me by calling 805-868-0767.
My Areas of Expertise
- Therapy for Gay Men
- Therapy for Lesbian Women
- Therapy for Bisexual Men & Women
- LGBT Depression Counseling
- LGBT Anxiety Counseling
- Gay & Lesbian Life Transitions
- Gay Midlife Counseling
- Lesbian Midlife Counseling
- Gay & Lesbian Coaching
- LGBT Faith & Spirituality
- LGBT Counseling
Love, Ellen: A Mother/Daughter Journey